Gubi A1965 Pendant
Model 10152 Tynell Collection Design by Paavo Tynell, 1947
Unveiled in 1948 at the Finland House in New York, the A1965 Pendant was an instant success for Paavo Tynell and one of the lighting fixtures considered to define his mid-century peak. It delicately holds some of his most distinctive design traits; the perforated and polished brass material combined with a unique lift mechanism, raising and lowering the lamp to different heights. The A1965 Pendant gracefully diffuses the light downwards through frosted glass, omitting glare whilst gently illuminating the room. The hanging counterweighted A1965 Pendant was Tynell's attempt to add lighting mobility to the ceiling fixture and combine the advantages of the portable and the installed lamp. The impeccable construction of the A1965 Pendant fully reveals Paavo Tynell's knack for elevating ordinary light fixtures into functional art and this remarkable style played a significant role in shaping the aesthetic of mid-century lighting.Specifications
- Canopy and small parts: Polished Brass
- Fabric wire: Brass
- Wire: Steel.
- Diffuser: Transparent glass, frosted on one side
- Shade variations: Brass, Black or White
- Product Weight: 12.54
- Shade Dimension: 18.1 x 10.2 inches
- Lamp Height: 10.2 inches
- Cord Length: 149.6 inches
- Light Source: 1 x 46 Watt 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- UL US CA Listed
- 10003875: Classic White Semi Matt
- 10003876: Polished Brass
- 10003874: Soft Black Semi Matt
If in stock, item will ship in 5 to 7 business days.
All sales are final, and not eligible for return. We accept returns for exchange for items damaged in transit, or if the item is defective.